I went to Macy’s just a typical day to buy a foundation and the guy taking care of me asked do you moisturize? I’m like no I don’t very innocently his Jaw dropped to the floor he could not believe it! I was in my mid 30’s this day was a historical day in my life I will never forget it. It’s ingrained in my mind 🙈
Hello gorgeous! How have you been? I hope you are doing great. I’m pretty good, taking one day at a time being grateful for having life in me, and grateful to have you here today reading my blog means the world to me 🙃 let’s begin!
As I started prevention is easier than correction this means taking care of the skin as early as possible to keep it in the best condition, slow the aging process, and avoid spending a lot of money to fix it. These are true words I wish someone when growing up told me the importance of this.
There are some easy things to do for your skin 🙃 wash your face daily even when not wearing makeup, exfoliate and moisturize.
You can find affordable skincare products as well as expensive ones the difference is in the ingredients, making the expensive ones better in working towards the results wanted.
The good news here since not all of us can afford expensive skincare is that you can find great inexpensive skincare products too! the key is in the ingredients so when buying them take a minute to read the label 😊 here are some important ingredients to look for:
- Hyaluronic Acid: a humectant that helps the skin hold onto water, helps hydrate the outer layers of skin, thereby improving the skin’s appearance. Hydrated skin is touted as being more radiant and youthful-looking.
- Ceramides: are made up of long-chain fatty acids that are linked with other important molecules to promote cellular function. It helps to create a barrier to prevent permeability This locks moisture into your skin, which helps prevent dryness and irritation.
- Retinol: is a type of retinoid, a derivative of vitamin A. It can improve skin texture and tone and can also help combat conditions such as acne. Also has graceful aging effects by stimulating collagen production and cell turnover.
- Niacinamide: works with your skin’s natural chemistry to improve overall skin texture by rebuilding a lipid layer. minimizing the appearance of pores, and preventing UV damage and inflammation as an antioxidant, Not only does it do numerous favors for the skin, but it also works for numerous skin types.
- Glycerin: It’s a moisturizer that attracts more moisture. Is essentially like a sponge that pulls in water to the outer skin layer, It can attract water from the deeper skin layers or even the air in humid environments. It also helps slow the evaporation of water from your skin to help foil that chronic winter dryness.
- Vitamin C: is an antioxidant, meaning it protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure. It also inhibits melanin production in the skin, which helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots, even out skin tone, and enhance skin radiance.
- Salicylic Acid: When applied to the skin may work by helping the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and by decreasing redness and swelling and clearing pores. This decreases the number of pimples that form and speeds healing.
In my case as I stated earlier up to my mid 30’s I did not know the importance of skincare like face sunscreen protection the Gentleman at Macy’s was maybe just trying to do a sale but to me was a game-changer aha moment a day I started taking care of my skin. Better late than never right 😇
- Clean & Clear face wash morning and nighttime
- Glow recipe fruit babies bestseller kit. I got this from Sephora I am not set on a brand always looking but is ok smells good.
- Dr. Barbara Sturm lip balm. To combat or slow the appearance of mouth lines. I do like this one is a bit expensive but does help.
- Nivea faces cream. It hydrates but leaves the face oily so I use it once a week.
- Loreal collagen moisture filler.
- Pore Blackhead one-shot pack. This one is a mask to help remove black beads is well-reviewed but I don’t like it much since has not fully removed the beads I think the stripes are better.
- Equate SPF 30 wrinkle repair. I like it is not heavy to put under makeup.
My beautiful people just remember when shopping to look at the label for some of these ingredients there are a ton of products out there that the package may look amazing, smell amazing, and at a bargain! but may have none of the ingredients you need and do nothing for your skin so reading the labels are absolutely important.
Also, another thing that helps greatly to the skin is so simple yet not easy for all to do and that is water! I mean no easy because few drink a large amount of water but is so important to do so.
Water reduces Wrinkles, keeps your body hydrated and refreshed, helps maintain your skin elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles, and soft lines and they won’t show as many signs of aging as those who drink little amounts of water.
I must confess my beauties that I’m considering botox I have frownies on my forehead that I don’t like at all, haha and I’m scared well terrified of mouth lines or as some call Monkey lips lol But I’m also concerned about Botox I have seen some terrible outcomes in celebrities. Where I live you have Spas that are affordable and Doctors like plastic surgeons or dermatologists I prefer a Doctor feels safer that way. I might go see one shortly if I do it I will blog about it, the experience, and feelings. encountered. Why are we so scared of aging huh!
- How old were you since you realized the importance of skincare? Were you like me clueless on this haha
- What is your favorite skincare product you swear by and why?
- Have you considered botox?
- Do you drink the recommended daily dosage of water?
Leave your comments down below
I wish you a great week ahead I hope it goes well for you. Be safe out there. Love life and help each other out. Drink lots of water!
Follow me on my socials below or here! Give this post alike. Come say hello!
Every Monday I publish a new episode and Tuesdays for a more true Spanish version for my Spanish beauties. Remember you can click on that translate/traducir button in the upper center of my page to go to the Spanish version 💜
Just a note: I’m not affiliated or sponsored by any brand these are just my opinions 🙂